Estimated delivery times (updated on June 14th).
***We have a bit of a backlog at the moment, so any new orders placed are expected to be dispatched within 7-10 days***
We aim to send all your plants in a single delivery (please see our FAQs section below) so if you have ordered, for example, a Veg Patch along with plants from our Pick and Mix, or Veg Plants with Fruit then we will send you everything in a single delivery as soon as all the plants are available.
Plants that are currently subject to delay:
AUBERGINES – due to a crop failure these are no longer available. You should have heard from us offering you the choice to swap your aubergine plants for something else, or receive a refund. Please email us with the subject line “Aubergine Delay” and let us know what you would like to do with your order. Email: email@example.com
If your order has been delayed we totally understand that you may prefer not to continue waiting. If this is the case, and you would prefer to cancel your plants for a full refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your order number and “refund please” in the subject line to help us process your request faster.
- Have I missed the growing season?
No, not at all. June, with longer days and warmer night temperatures, is a good time to plant, whether you are only just getting started or adding extras to an already growing veg patch. Also, it has been a very cold few weeks, so you won’t actually have missed out on much growing time when it comes to more tender crops like sweetcorn, beans and squash.
- What do I do if I’m going to be away when my plants arrive?
Just send an email to email@example.com with your order number and the dates that you will be away, and we’ll reschedule them for when you’re back.
- What if my plants arrive before I’m ready to plant them?
In this instance, the best thing to do is to plant them temporarily in an opened grow bag or bag of compost (be sure to soak the roots of the plants in water beforehand). You can leave them like this, in a warm, light, sheltered place for up to 10 days before you are ready to plant them in their final location. You may need to water them after a few days if the compost starts to dry out.
- How should I lay out my veg patch?
If you’ve ordered a Veg Patch you can download a garden layout plan (see links above). For pick and mix plants we would recommend grouping plants by family/type (eg Root Veg like Beetroot and Carrot together, Brassicas like Cabbages together) to make it easier to care for the plants. Check the growing guide for spacing requirements. Any medley of pots, growbags and beds is fine.
- Will you send me growing instructions? Yes, you’ll get a growing guide booklet with your order. It’s also worth subscribing to our Weekly Veg Out newsletter for lots of growing advice throughout the season.
- How should I prepare my plot?
There’s a guide on our website, but here’s the short version..! Fill pots with fresh compost so they are ready to plant. Make sure any beds are weed free, and top them up with well rotted manure or compost (you can dig it in or spread it over the top).
- Can I add something to my order?
Of course! Just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I request a later delivery date? Yes, once you receive your final delivery date you can reschedule if you need, up to 48 hours ahead of the despatch date.
- Can you send my order in multiple orders? No, unfortunately we cannot ship your plants in multiple parts. We will send everything to you as soon as we can in a single delivery. The only time we will send plants in separate deliveries is if we have a serious delay to a particular plant’s growth or a crop failure.