Creamed Spinach with Boursin
You could use spinach or chard for this recipe – it’s a bit of a winner if you eat dairy as you can mix it with other veggies, like roasted leeks or broccoli.
- 125g spinach or chard leaves, stalks removed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 30g boursin or soft cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- In a saucepan, heat the oil on a medium heat and cook the garlic for 2-3 mins
- Add the spinach and stir – let it wilt down and cook for a further 3 mins
- Remove from the heat, drain off excess liquid using a sieve, then put the cooled, cooked spinach into a blender and mix with the cream, boursin and sea salt.
You could try making this with a light dash of creamy oat milk instead of the cream and cheese combo