Slow-Cooked Bean & Tomato
This dish is a bit of a winner to put on the table along with a farmhouse loaf and some cheese. It’s so flavoursome and a really wonderful way of cooking those slightly larger french beans that got picked late!
- 1-2 handfuls French beans, cut into inch long pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 250g fresh tomatoes, chopped (or 1 tin chopped tomatoes)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Handful basil leaves, chopped
- Glug of olive oil
- Half tsp balsamic vinegar
- Add oil to a non-stick saucepan. Sweat the onions on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until soft & beginning to turn golden
- Add the beans & garlic and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the tomatoes. Turn the heat low, cover the pan and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the basil and balsamic vinegar and serve.