Slow Roasted Courgettes
Arguably the best way to use a glut of courgettes! Slowly-roasting the courgettes gives them a more intense flavour and turns the texture into a very spreadable consistency that is just great for topping sourdough toast.
- 2 courgettes, cut into 2cm thick batons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 unpeeled garlic cloves
- juice of quarter of a lemon
- pinch sea salt
- chilli flakes (optional)
- Toss the courgette and garlic cloves (whole and unpeeled) in the olive oil, season with sea salt and spread out in a roasting pan
- Roast at 140c for one hour
- Remove from the oven. When cool enough, squeeze the garlic out of its skin and mash with the courgette using a fork.
- Add chilli flakes if using, and a squeeze of lemon juice.