Carrots are a bit of a star in the veg patch, but are often not celebrated in the kitchen. This recipe gives them a bit of a twist, with ginger and lime. It seems an unusual match, but it really works!
- 4x medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1cm dice
- Half inch root ginger, grated
- 1x medium clove garlic, crushed
- 25g butter (or 25ml olive oil)
- 1 tsp nigella seeds (or cumin)
- Zest of 1 lime
- Toast the nigella seeds in a large saucepan on a low heat
- Add butter to the saucepan and turn heat to medium. When the butter has melted add the carrots and sea salt. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the lime zest and stir.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil.