If you’ve already ordered your Rocket Garden, or if you’re thinking about ordering some plants this spring, this is what you need to know!
- We’ll send your plants as soon as we can after you’ve ordered – this could be anything from a couple of days to a few weeks depending on the size of the plants in our polytunnels as we can’t send them before they’re big enough…they just wouldn’t survive.
- We’ll send you an email one week before we despatch your plants. This will give you a chance to get your garden ready for planting.
- We’ll send you another email the day we send your plants to you, just to confirm that they’re on their way. You will be able to track your delivery (via DPD) from the tracking number in the email.
- Your plants will arrive in a box and will be carefully packed in amongst straw. This, we have found, is the best way to keep them protected on their travels, and the straw can be used as a mulch or added to the compost heap.
- Most plants will be sent to you bare-rooted (i.e. not in pots). This keeps packaging to a minimum and makes planting quite easy.
- We will label one of each type of plant so that you can easily group them and plant them out in rows.
- Your plants may look a little weary as they will have been without water or sunlight whilst travelling. They will soon perk up – the best thing to do is soak their roots in a container of water on the day that they arrive and plant them out as soon as possible.
- You’ll receive a full growing guide with your plants. Have a good read of it and follow the guidelines when planting.