If you’re anxiously wondering why some things aren’t ready yet, don’t panic…the following are unlikely to be ready for the next month or so:
- Celeriac – usually comes in from September until March.
- Celery – might be ready now, but more likely to be September/October time.
- Chicory – wait until October time.
- Chillies – may not be ready just yet, give them another few weeks.
- Endives – should be ready in the next few weeks and throughout the winter.
- Leeks – they don’t usually fatten up for another month or so, from September.
- Pumpkins – not usually ready till October/November. It’s worth giving them a liquid feed now though.
- Swede – should be ready September to February.