Here’s a simple winter warmer for a weekend brunch… kale and potato hash with fried onions, smoked paprika and a poached egg, or two!
Ingredients (per person)
- 2 large handfuls finely chopped kale
- 1 medium potato, cut into 2cm dice
- Half a small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Sea Salt
- Olive oil
- Knob of butter
- Smoked paprika
- Pre-heat oven to 200c
- Toss the diced potatoes in olive oil in a roasting pan. Season well with sea salt and roast for 30 mins. You may want to shake the pan up a bit after 15 mins and move the potatoes around with a spatula – don’t worry if there are lots of crispy bits, they’ll just add to the flavour!
- On a medium heat, warm the olive oil and add the onions. Cook until they soften and start to caramelise.
- Add the garlic, butter and kale to the onions and mix well. Cook for 4-5 mins. Set aside until the potatoes are done.
- Once the potatoes are ready, mix them together with the kale and add a pinch or two of smoked paprika. Season with sea salt if needed and serve with poached egg.