If you love a roast parsnip, then you have got to try this delicious soup. It’s a great one for Christmas too with warming ginger and apple flavours.
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 apple (eating), peeled and chopped
- Veg stock (you can use a stock cube)
- In a heavy based pan, heat a little oil and gently sweat the onions until they soften
- Add the parsnips, potato, apple and ginger
- Cover with veg stock and bring to the boil
- Simmer until the vegetables are cooked right through, you may need to top up the veg stock to keep the veg covered
- Remove from the heat and put the soup through a blender (add a little extra stock to loosen if needed)
- Season with salt and pepper, and add a little cream if you fancy it!