This recipe comes with a warning… it is loaded with cheese and cream and it is seriously rich, and incredibly delicious and moreish! Make sure you have time for a nap after your meal…
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 1 celeriac (approx. 500g)
- 2 potato (approx. 350g)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300ml double cream
- 60g grated cheddar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c
- Peel and slice the celeriac & potatoes (0.5cm thick)
- Put the celeriac & potatoes in a saucepan, cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and boil for 4 minutes.
- Strain and allow to steam dry.
- Meanwhile, mix with most of the cheese (keep some to sprinkle over the top), garlic, cream and seasoning in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the potatoes and celeriac to the cream mixture and toss well to coat the veggies.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish, approx. 20 x 30cm
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the foil and return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes to let the cheesy topping turn golden.