So, you’ve ordered with Rocket Gardens and you’re hoping to receive your garden any day now…. here are some top tips for all you budding gardeners out there!
- Keep an eye on your emails…we’ll be contacting you one week before your plants are sent, and again on the day they are sent. This way, you can be prepared!
- When your plants arrive they will look a little weary from their travels. You need to unpack them carefully and submerge the roots of each plant in water for a minute or so. Try to do this within 24 hours of your plants arriving.
- Check the growing guides to find out where you need to plant each type of veg and how far apart they need to be.
- Hopefully you’ll be ready to plant when they arrive. If so, you need to dig a hole big enough to fit the roots of the plant. Add a small handful of compost, pop the plant in (roots in the hole!) and cover with earth. Firm up the earth at the base and give the plant a good watering.
- Make sure that you’re providing any support if they need it, like bamboo canes or wigwams (see the growing guides).
- If you’re not ready to plant out yet, we would advise you cut a slit acres the top of a compost bag, and lay the plants in there for a few days after you’ve unpacked them and watered them. Just make sure the roots are inside the bag, and the stems and leaves are outside! You can then plant them when you’re ready.
- Some plants will benefit from a liquid feed or a mulch – this is in the growing guides too.