Picking pea pods is a lot of fun, particularly with children, and that’s why peas are of our favourite veg to grow here at Rocket Gardens. If you fancy giving it a go this year, then simply follow these top tips and you’ll get a good crop!
- Choose a nice sunny, sheltered spot for your peas.
- When you plant the peas, give each plant a medium sized, twiggy stick to climb up. Just prod it into the ground next to the plant. Hazel sticks are great.
- Cover your pea plants with netting so that the birds don’t steal the pods!
- Water them well once a week once they start flowering.
- Pick pods regularly to encourage more growth.
Read the full growing guide