A great way of using up roast squash for a midweek meal – it’s great comfort food!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 medium squash, roasted
- 1 red onion, peeled & diced
- 2 cloves garlic – peeled & crushed
- 300-350g pasta – (check packet for serving suggestions – penne or rigatoni would be good options)
- 15g parmesan, grated
- sea salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Get the pasta on to cook as per instructions on the packet
- Meanwhile, on a medium heat, fry the onion in a large saucepan in a little olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- When the onions are translucent, add the crushed garlic and cook for a further 2-3 mins.
- Remove the onions from the heat and add half the squash to the pan. Set aside.
- Mash the other half of the squash and season with sea salt and pepper. Loosen with a drizzle of olive oil and a splash of water (to get it to the same kind of consistency as pesto, for example)
- Strain the pasta. Add the mashed squash and mix in well before tossing in the onions and chunky squash.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and serve.