If you’re cooking up a roast this weekend and have some winter squash to use, then try roasting it up with garlic, rosemary and thyme. Delicious!
Ingredients (serves 4-6 as a side dish)
- 1 medium squash, peeled & cut into 2cm cubes
- 3-4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch sea salt & black pepper
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar
- Handful fresh thyme leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 220c
- In a mixing bowl, mix the squash, olive oil, garlic, vinegar and seasoning using your hands to make sure it is well coated.
- Put the squash in a roasting tray and roast in the oven for 20 minutes
- Add the herbs and roast for a further 5-10 minutes until the squash is cooked through.