This is an easy recipe that makes carrots into really quite a special side dish. Great with some flat bread and mezze, or served with other roasted veggies and/or meat.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 6-8 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1.5cm thick batons
- Sea salt & pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander (and/or ground cumin)
- 1 tsp runny honey
- For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- 2-3 tbsp Greek style natural yoghurt
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c
- Mix the carrots with the honey and spices, and season with a pinch of sea salt and some ground black pepper
- Spread the carrots on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20-25 mins
- Meanwhile, make the tahini sauce by mixing the tahini paste, yoghurt and lemon juice – if it is too thick, loosen with a little water until you get a yoghurt-like consistency. Season with a generous pinch of sea salt.
- Once the carrots are nicely caramelised, remove from the oven and put them into a serving dish. Pour the tahini sauce over the top and sprinkle with fresh, chopped herbs – thyme, coriander or parsley would all work well.